Marching to the Pinoy Expats/OFWs Blog Awads 2011 theme of “home”, this year’s photography contest is about where your heart is.
“Home is where the heart is…” is probably one of the biggest clichés in the world. That’s because it has always been true. We’re giving you the chance to interpret and show us where your heart truly lies through this year’s PEBA Photo Contest. Where is your home? Is it deep in your birthplace of Laguna, Cebu, Batanes, Sulu, Davao…? In the midst of your wife and children? In the colorful, cold city where you’re at right now? In the people you see everyday at work? In your lone sanctuary after you call it a day? Whether you’ve found your slices of home in places, people, and things, we’re giving you this PEBA venue to share!
Remember that a “home” is not just a place. What is it to you is your entry! Show us where your home is… where your heart truly lies with the lens of your cameras!
1. WHO MAY ENTER
* The contest is open to all Filipinos living and working outside the Philippines aged 18 and above. Officers and volunteers of the Philippine Expats/OFW Blog Awards and their immediate family members are not eligible to join.
* Contest is open to all casual, amateur, and professional photographers.
2. HOW TO ENTER
*Each entrant can only submit 2 photos. All entries must be submitted and received by August 01, 2011 at 11:59PM Philippine time. An email of receipt and acceptance from the official email email@example.com will be sent once your entries are received.
* Submit your entries in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following details:
* Full name:
* Current Residence (city and country only):
* Address in the Philippines (province only):
* Email Address:
* Alternate Email Address:
* Photo Title:
* Photo Caption (a brief description/explanation of your photo):
* Camera (that was used in taking the photo):
* Camera Settings* (used in taking the photo): [shutter speed] and [aperture]
* *NA when using mobile cameras.
* Once submitted, entrants agree that the data above, especially name and address, may be shared for the purposes of the contest. Email address will be kept confidential. Entrants can edit their data by sending an email to email@example.com.
* Photographs must be in digital format, taken with any mobile, manual, or digital camera. All digital files must be higher than 1 Mb (not more than 5 megabytes), must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (for horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (for vertical image) with a resolution of 300dpi.
* Photographs must have been taken within 3 years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in any photography contest worldwide.
* Minor editing and cropping are acceptable, as is with effects taken with the camera (for example: fish-eye effect taken with a lomography fisheye 35mm camera). Effects created in/with Photoshop or any photo editing software is not permitted. Post process is allowed for color enhancement, cropping, gamma adjustment, focus adjustment, color balance and correction. Major image manipulation is not acceptable.
* Photographs must be taken by the entrant himself/herself and does not violate any copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity, or intellectual property rights. It must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
* Photographs must not contain any personal watermark. The PEBA committee will place a watermark on the photo after submission to ensure that photographs will not be distributed without credit after photos are published in the Facebook pages of PEBA, The Pink Tarha, and Globe Kababayan. All entries will become property of PEBA and Globe Telecom, until January 2012, or when the PEBA 2011 wraps up. PEBA will be given the right to use the photos in any PEBA-related publication and events with full credit given to the photographer.
3. CRITERIA OF JUDGING
* All photos will be uploaded in one album at the PEBA, The Pink Tarha, and Globe Kababayan Facebook pages. Photos will be properly labeled. A set of judges (men and women who are passionate and professionals in photography) will be chosen to judge the photos according to the following criteria:
a. Originality 40%
Pertains on the unique interpretation of the theme as well as creativity, relevance, and substance.
b. Quality 40%
Pertains to technical consideration of the photo.
c. Overall Impression 20%
The number of likes obtained by the photo in the Facebook pages (PEBA and Globe Kababayan) of the contest.
Note: Likes by individual without profile photo, or no friends and/or no activity will not be counted. PEBA will have the right to disqualify any contestant found manipulating the number of their likes.
Only three winners will be chosen: one grand winner and 2 runners-up. Most Liked photo will also receive an award. Per judge’s decision and discretion, other special citations and awards will be given.The first 50 persons to join will each receive Globe TipIDD cards worth P300.
The winner will receive a certificate from PEBA and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet from Globe Kababayan. The runners-up will receive a certificate from PEBA and a Blackberry 3G Curve. Other prizes will be announced soon. Prizes should be claimed sixty (60) days upon notice. Failure to claim will automatically forfeit the prize. Two (2) valid IDs must be presented to PEBA MANILA upon claiming the prize.
If you have more questions and suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We’ll be happy to get in touch with you. Happy shooting (photos only, okay?)! Good luck!