Hello Riyadhizens! OMG I’ve missed writing in the blog! Even though I’ve just been gone for two weeks and a half, I felt like I haven’t been writing in The Pink Tarha for quite a long, long time! Haha! I have separation anxiety, chos. Anyway, we’ve really been busy for the last two months of 2016 that we can’t even write an article every week! The good news is one of my new year’s resolutions is to write in The Pink Tarha blog thrice a week. The bad news is I’m not really good at keeping with my new year’s resolutions. Raise your hand if you can relate. So we’ll see what happens. Haha!
Also, my internet connection at home has gone wonky for a month now. I pleaded for anyone to help me yesterday in The Pink Tarha’s Facebook page because I was getting desperate and frustrated. I’ve been calling and calling Mobily’s customer service for the last few days since I came back to Riyadh but I can’t friggin’ get a hold of any of their agents. I wasted phone credits just waiting for a free agent to pick up but to no avail. Take note, that even before we left for the Philippines last November 29, our net was already disconnected. There were two Mobily technicians who installed a new connection for our neighbor and in the process, they messed up our cables and our net go disconnected. They tried fixing it but after an hour of them leaving, our net was gone
forever. Anyway, a few days ago, I finally got hold of an agent in their customer service only to be told to call again because he couldn’t speak English! Wth?! I clearly pressed the number 2 button to continue in English. I was getting frustrated angry that I aired my sentiments in our page. At first, I was getting hopeless with replies to it. My father even commented in it (his first time to ever comment in The Pink Tarha page and it’s about this problem, lol) telling me to get our Mobily plan disconnected and apply for STC Fiber instead. Whew! Okay, so I was bent in doing that but someone (alleluia!) messaged me. I won’t mention his name because I’m not sure if I can but I am very much grateful to you, sir. He said he’ll talk to a friend (they’re working in Mobily) to send technicians to the house. And they came! My net is fixed now (ergo, this entry). THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
I just rambled right there. Sorry, I’m just happy to get my Internet connection back. Looks like you know what my priority in life is. LOL. It’s hard to get disconnected these days! But don’t worry, I’m still connected with my real priorities in life. Sooooo, after that quite a long introduction, here are some stuff I’m loving:
1. Chilly Weather. I left for vacation at the end of November and winter was just starting back then. It was cold but not yet as cold as we all wanted it to be. And so now that I’m back, it’s already COLD! Temperature is around -5 during dawn and rises a bit during the day making it a perfect moment to just walk under the sun. There are news of snow in the northern region of Saudi Arabia making me ask why are we not there?! I would have loved to dance under the falling snow ala Elsa, minus the costume of course. I’ll just wear my fabulous trench coat, erm, I don’t have one. We all have dreams of welcoming snow in Riyadh but I can’t imagine what the roads will look like. How are you taking the weather so far? Enjoy the cool weather while it last because as we’re feeling it, it’ll probably be gone in a few days. Noon time is not that cold anymore. Huhu. #globalwarming
2. Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte. If you’re someone who doesn’t get the fascination of Filipinos with Starbucks, then good for you. You don’t have to go through the hassle of drinking holiday and regular drinks just to get a planner (ridic I know) but what I love nowadays is getting a Toffee Nut Latte from Starbucks and just reliving my days in Manila. It reminds me of the holiday cheer in the Philippines (which I’ll be missing this year) and the overall good vibes that comes with the season. I saw a Chestnut Praline Latte in one of the banners of Starbucks in our workplace but every time I try to order it, they say it’s not available. Has anyone tried it? Let me know how that tastes like. My most favorite drink from Starbucks is their White Chocolate Mocha though. (And oops, I also got the Starbucks planner while on vacation. Crazy, I told you so.)
3. Korean Skincare and Beauty Products. I think you all know how obsessed I am with iHerb. It’s an online shopping site where I get most of my skincare and makeup products. They launched a Korean product section a few months back and I couldn’t help but get some of their bestselling products. I managed to get the popular Carbonated Clay Mask which creates bubbles and foam while on the face. I don’t know how to feel about that since it’s quite scary-looking but some beauty Youtubers tried it and they liked it. I’ll have to update you on this over at our Beauty Bets blog. Other products I ordered were Etude House’ peach hand cream and Bubble Tea sleeping mask (looks adorable!) and a whitening moisturizer from Claire Korea. Check out iHerb here: http://sa.iherb.com/?rcode=ZBW692. They’re having their end-of-the-year promo of 10% discount using the code YEAREND10 on over $40 purchase.
4. Riyadh Events. I missed a few bazaars in Riyadh when I went for vacation. Some compounds stepped up their coffee morning game and have been holding them left and right. If you’re not on their list, you better find ways to get in there so that you get updated with what’s happening in Riyadh. Here are two events we’re looking forward to because 1. we’re in dire need of retail therapy (lol, not really) and 2. we want to find new food and munch on them like there’s no tomorrow! These bazaars will definitely satiate that appetite for consumerism for sure.
- The Montijoon Exhibition, considered the largest gathering in the Kingdom that features female entrepreneurs, will happen on December 27, 2016 to January 7, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Center.
- The Gathering is also coming back with its 3rd edition called Winter Day Out. This fun bazaar of food, art, and things is happening on December 29-31, 2016 at the Masharef Hills in An Narjis, Riyadh. Woot, a new venue! This event has been getting bigger and bigger every edition.
Because there are so many events in Riyadh but not one place to check all their information out, we decided to come up with our Riyadh Events calendar which you will see here: goo.gl/XowhpG. We’ll be updating it as soon as we get details on more events in Riyadh. Also, do visit our Facebook page for more announcements and alerts (especially sale alerts, hehe): www.facebook.com/thepinktarha.
5. The Pink Tarha For 2017 Survey. It’ll be 2017 soon and we would like to improve The Pink Tarha for the better this new year! Also, we’re going on 8 this coming January 24 and 8 years is a lot of long time to be blogging in Riyadh. But we’re not stopping so please help us improve The Pink Tarha for the better by lending us a few minutes of your time to answer and give us feedback. We will highly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
So that’s it for now. I’m coming back with a few entries in a jiff. Happy Holidays!