HI RIYADHizens! Do you get the feeling that no matter how many events are happening in the city, nothing actually catches your fancy? Either the tickets are pricey, the topics do not interest you, or the weather is preventing you from going out? We feel you. However, we’re putting all options here just in case you get that sudden zest for life and want to check what’s happening in the city this upcoming week. Let’s go?
LOOKING FOR HAPPINESS? The MUSEUM OF HAPPINESS is still here. Remember when it was still new? It was the start of the opening of the city after lockdowns due to the pandemic. This museum filled with multi-sensory, imaginative and Instagrammable installations continue to delight the croed. And entrance ticket is more affordable now. Boost your happy levels in this creative space!
- WHAT: MUSEUM OF HAPPINESS
- TIMINGS: 4:00 PM – 11:00 PM (Sunday-Thursday) / 2:00 PM -11:00 PM (Friday-Saturday)
- TICKET: SR 90 (Regular) / SR 30 (2-12 years old)
- BOOK HERE: https://riyadh.platinumlist.net/event-tickets/81521/museum-of-happiness/ticket-office
- MORE INFO: instagram.com/museumofhappiness.sa
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/gkA6VFR1hXBK3wvf6
LOOKING FOR WINTER? Because summertime in Riyadh is hot AF. Don’t we know it! Catch the days of “winter” at ASHJAR CAFÉ, a pop-up cafe that transforms a picnic experience to a modern, cool vibes. We’ve always wanted to visit this cafe but it was always full during winter time. The outdoorsy, boheme vibe appeals to our aesthetics. The location is away from the city and requires a road trip but maybe that’s what we need? A break from the hustle and bustle of city life. (Not to be confused with their main coffee shop in the city center.)
- WHAT: ASHJAR CAFE WINTER
- TIMINGS: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- RESERVATION FEE: SR 15 / SR 20 (Mirror Zone)
- BOOK HERE: My Table app / mytable.sa
- MORE INFO: ashjarcafe.com / instagram.com/ashjarcafe
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/2ZdEqTGEp59mqTva7
LOOKING FOR A VENUE TO SING YOUR HEART OUT? SYRUP has reopened and they’re having three events this weekend: an Open Mic Night tonight (June 23), an Artist Night on June 24, and a Karaoke Night on June 25. They’re also having a 50% discount on their weekend events in celebration of their re-opening. As Filipinos, of course we’re interested in the Karaoke Night. Lol.
- WHAT: SYRUP RE-OPENING EVENTS
- TIMINGS: 9:00 PM – 1:00 AM
- TICKETS: Starts at SR 50
- MORE INFO: instagram.com/syrup_llc
- LOCATION: https://g.page/Syrupnow?share
LOOKING FOR A FRIDAY BRUNCH? Try the FIESTA ANDALUCIA SPANISH BRUNCH of AZURE RESTAURANT at the Hyatt Regency Hotel this June 24, 2022. Enjoy a buffet of tapas, lamb leg, seafood grills, and sangria. Live cooking stations and live music are also available.
- WHAT: FIESTA ANDALUCIA SPANISH BRUNCH BUFFET
- TIMINGS: 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- PRICE: SR 280 per person / 50% off for children 7-12 / FREE for 6 and below (use “FA622” at the reservation link to get a 15% discount)
- RESERVE HERE: https://www.hyattrestaurants.com/en/dining/saudi-arabia/riyadh/azure/events/brunch-it-s-time-for-fiesta-in-olaya-st-hyatt-regency-riyadh-olaya-g0cn
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/E81avqaHsPaodrFo7
LOOKING FOR A NEW RESTAURANT IN RIYADH? Restaurants and cafes have been opening left and right in Riyadh for the past few years. It’s really hard to keep up. Here are two newly-opened restaurants in Riyadh: A.O.K (shortened “All is ok”) offering a fusion of Mediterranean and Californian cuisine in the heart of the King Abdullah Financial District while ANAGO is a Japanese restaurant in the heart of the Diplomatic Quarter.
- WHAT: A.O.K KITCHEN
- TIMINGS: 8:00 AM – 11:30 PM
- MORE INFO: instagram.com/aokkitchensaudi
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/PFMhMiadE1ZoTefp9
- WHAT: ANAGO
- TIMINGS: 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM
- MORE INFO: instagram.com/anago.sa
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/29T9u7A88zefmKPC9
LOOKING FOR A FAMILY-FRIENDLY MOVIE? Take your kids to the cinemas and watch MINIONS 2: THE RISE OF GRU. Showing from June 30, 2022 onwards on your favorite moviehouses!
Cinemas where you can watch these movie and get your advance tickets:
THE PINK TARHA WEEKLY RECAP
We’ve got quite a busy week in posting in our blog. Yes to blog revival! We’ve realized that The Pink Tarha is the platform for those who likes to read. And I wish more people get back into reading because guys, READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.
If you’re looking for bowling centers in Riyadh, our list is right up your alley. Hit those strikes and spares HERE. If bowling is not enough, check out other activities you can do in Riyadh HERE. After getting tired with all these activities, sit back and relax at luxe restaurants offering more luxe mocktails. Our reviews on some of Riyadh’s outrageously priced drinks are HERE.
Our Facebook page is filled with posts on all things Saudi too. But special focus on food, what else? If you’re looking for a snack that’s fast, casual and affordable, WAZZUPDOG is your best bet. Their hotdogs are tender and meaty (ala Hungarian sausage sa Pinas) and their fries and salads are loaded. Don’t you find donuts to be overpriced these days? Take RANDY’S DONUTS for example; their branch in the Philippines temporarily closed down because they ran out of ingredients on their first months of operations. The lines were really long. Good thing, we’re past that stage in the Randy’s Donuts in BLVD RUH CITY. Speaking of overpriced, these Japanese sweet treats are x10 in prices compared to the Philippines’ prices. They’re available in NIPPON SAYKO at the Boulevard too. On the same venue is a funky, cool, neon-lit Japanese restaurant named AKIBA DORI that serves Japanese street food and Tokyo-style Neapolitan pizzas. We enjoyed their Salmon Tataki and Chicken Katsu Curry. We went back to 7 Ribs, one of our favorite steak houses to celebrate Father’s Day and enjoyed their steaks and sides. For dessert, you must try the Egyptian Mango Juice with Mango Pieces and Ice Cream of DELICIOUS MANGA. It was truly delicious!
Have a great weekend, RIYADHizens!