Good morning, TPT FAB FAM! I’m so used to posting in our Facebook page that this greeting, which we use a lot there, will probably be used a lot here too. We’re looking forward to another weekend and week in the desert and hayyy, what to do? After a long eid holiday, we still need more holidays, haha. More days off for those who lack them! Time to enjoy as much as we can. All work and no play makes life dull. Now, what’s up with the week before us? What can we do?
1. Attend GAMERS8 events. The largest e-sports festival has kicked off in the Kingdom last July 14, 2022. Offering elite and competitive tournaments, entertainment, activities and attractions, incredible music concerts and shows, Gamers8 brings together sector leaders and experts from around the world. Weekly concerts are also widely anticipated. The concert for tonight featuring DJ Aseel, Balqees, Hamaki, and Axwell is sold out. You can still buy tickets for next week’s concert of Lil Pump, Lost Frequencies, Ozuna, and Malkin B2B Emad. Also, there are events like the Riyadh Master’s DOTA 2 starting today until July 24.
- WHAT: GAMERS8 MUSIC EVENTS
- TICKETS: Concerts – https://gamers8.gg/music
- DOTA 2 (July 21-24, 2022) – https://tickets.gamers8.gg/en/d/1884/riyadh-masters-presents-dota-2
- LOCATION: https://goo.gl/maps/nQdk9FNqKNJeDaXb6
2. Immerse in a unique, authentic Saudi cultural experience by joining HIHOME experiences. HiHome, established in 2019, offers visitors and guests in Saudi Arabia a chance to know more of Saudi culture through home and farm visits and engaging with Saudi families. Each home is unique and each experience is different from each other: you can cook, eat, and do crafts. And it’s not only in Riyadh, homes in other provinces and cities in the Kingdom are welcoming guests to further show what true Saudi hospitality is all about.
- WHAT: HIHOME EXPERIENCES
- WEBSITE: https://hihome.sa/en
- FEES: Starts from SR 100 depending on the home/activity
- CONTACT: +966507368814 / email@example.com / https://hihome.sa/en/contact-us
3. Learn pottery at KERAMOS STUDIOS. Keramos, which means brick or clay vessels, is a brand interested in the arts of ceramics and various fields especially those that reflect Islamic art and Saudi folklore heritage. Apart from having a shop that sells ceramics, they also have one-day workshops for both men and women. Learn how to make your own cups, bowls, vases, etc. and how to color them.
- WHAT: KERAMOS STUDIOS POTTERY WORKSHOPS
- SCHEDULE: Available in several options
- TIMINGS: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- FEE: SR 460 (pottery) / SR 173 (coloring)
- BOOK HERE: https://keramosksa.com/categories/192588/workshops
- WEBSITE: https://keramosksa.com/
- LOCATION: https://g.page/KeramosKSA?share
4. Host a paint party with the help of ALSHALA PORTABLE STUDIO. If pottery is not your thing, why not try painting? Alshalaa Studio offers workshops in different parts of the Kingdom but if you’re shy to be in the company of strangers while you explore your artistry and creativity, do it with your family and friends! Alshalaa’s Let’s Paint Together package takes the painting to your homes where you can develop your painting skills and become your own artist!
- WHAT: ALSHAHLA STUDIO
- WEBSITE: alshahlaastudio.com
- CONTACT: +966500050564 / firstname.lastname@example.org / https://alshahlaastudio.com/contact-us/
5. Not into painting? Try printing at these workshops by the MISK INSTITUTE! Create your own hand printed fabric at a four-day workshop from July 21 to 24, 2022. You will get the basic understanding of silkscreen printing using water-based inks. A photo printing workshop is slated to start on July 28. This four-day masterclass is an essential intro to halftone systems. Courses are available in English and Arabic.
- WHAT: MISK INSTITUTE WORKSHOPS
- MORE INFO: https://miskartinstitute.org/TrainingAndDevelopment
6. SHOP DEALS ONLINE! We haven’t been to malls lately and don’t know which brands are on sale but if you’re still looking for some last minute sale deals online, we suggest visiting these websites!
- SEPHORA’s LAST CHANCE SUMMER SALE is still offering some worthy beauty products. Up to 50% off on their makeup and skincare! Products we’ve been eyeing are Natasha Denona Sunset Palette (now SR 242 from SR 557), Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette (now SR 152 from SR 305), It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination Cream (now SR 100 from SR 200), and more!
- BATH & BODY WORKS FINAL MARKDOWN is still offering SR 17 body care products. We know, you already have hauled a lot since the time their sale started but you or your family can use more hand soaps, candles, lotions, and fragrance sprays right? Haha.
- TORY BURCH SUMMER SALE is live! If you’re looking to score some clothes, bags and shoes from the popular brand, here’s your chance. I’ve been dreaming of getting one of their tote bags. The best part? They now have the Tamara option which means we can pay for our orders in 3 installments! Oh tukso! Haha.
- MICHAEL KORS SALE FINALE still offers some good deals on their leather goodies. The final reduction is still on! I want to get an Emilia or an Eva bag, huhu. Can they extend this sale ’til we get our salaries? Haha.
- AMAZON PRIME DAY is coming on July 23! Sign up for Amazon Prime and get exclusive deals on a lot of products. The Prime membership gives you free and fast delivery on your orders, exclusive deals, games, and streaming. Try it on July 23 and 24 and get the best deals ahead of others.
7. Explore Riyadh and what it has to offer! Did you know that IHOP is back in the city? Not as a physical restaurant though but as IHOP N GO. Your favorite breakfast food is back on food delivery apps like Jahez and Hunger Station. We tried ordering and pretty much got IHOP food. Speaking of food delivery, we also tried a Japanese food newbie: YUM-A-SAMA. Their maki rolls are pretty good. Also, we finally found Vietnamese Pho in Riyadh! We had it at BB SOCIAL DINING inside HUNA in Panorama Mall. While we enjoyed the pho, we also enjoyed their Wagyu Ramen must-try!). Have you been to THE ESPLANADE? You should if you’re tired of the malls and old plazas to discover more dining and coffee options.
Okay, so what if you want to get away from Riyadh for the weekend or for a few days? Well…
Travel to Bahrain. We know, you’re probably tired of hearing and reading about our trip in Bahrain. For the past two eid holidays, it’s all we did: travel to Bahrain, explore the Kingdom, and eat and drink and be merry. For those who are still planning their trip, you can check out our guide in traveling to Bahrain (requirements, how-tos, etc.): How To Travel to Bahrain [Updated 2022] And here are the links to almost everything we did in Bahrain last Eid-Al-Adha (July 8-12, 2022):
- Discovered JARADA, Bahrain’s disappearing island
- Brunched at GB CAFÉ, and enjoyed the view
- Briefly visited BAHRAIN FORT under the heat of the sun (we suggest not going at noontime haha)
- Marvelled at the history and artifact inside the QAL’AT AL BAHRAIN SITE MUSEUM
- Shopped at DRAGON MART and THAI MART
- Bought products from THAI MART (that will surprise you)
- Hoarded Tender Juicy Hotdogs and other Filipino products at ZEEMART
- Revisited BAHRAIN NATIONAL MUSEUM
- Ate unlimited sampgyupsal at ITSUMO RESTAURANT
- Splurged on Korean Beef BBQ at SEOUL RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE
- Tried IGAN’S LECHON, a Filipino restaurant recommended by our readers
- Searched for milk tea and ended up in LATEA
- Gorged on Adobo, Binagoongan, Lechon Kawali, Lechon Belly and more at BAHAY KUBO
Wow, we did do many things in our four days in Bahrain. We haven’t talked about our accommodation because honestly, we had a nightmare experience at OYO AL SALAM PALACE (not at all a “palace”) and was saved with an on-the-day booking at an AirBnB. Anyway, we also had a one night in the Eastern Province before traveling back to Riyadh. We had brunch at SEVEN MORNING KITCHEN, saw the NEW CORNICHE in ALKHOBAR at 10:00 in the morning (too hot already), feasted on ramen at Saudi Arabia’s first noodle shop, YASUMI in Dhahran, and had a roll at CREPE ROLL.
Wow, it’s quite a list no? To think I was worried there’s nothing to do in Riyadh these days. Haha. Enjoy, RIYADHizens!